Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Just caught August

I didn't forget- August is just getting away from me. And my head is consumed with nieces & nephews! I'm posting this time from Ohio as I have had a BLAST visiting family & friends for 2 weeks. I can't tell you how fun it was to surprise my sis :) :) :) Thanks to everyone who helped keep it a secret. Almost gave her a mild heart attack, but it was hysterical. I think she might still be confused. But baby Blake isn't- he and I are buddies! Lib says I'm good at making him smile- what else can I ask for? As soon as I get back to Welli I will post some pictures for sure.

I am thinking my blog needs a bit of a project- so I need some votes from anyone who still reads this. Now that we've lived oversees for 2.5 years (yes that's true and it's crazy) it's not that exciting to simply tell you our update- we need to spice it up a bit. So these are the ideas I have so far:

1. I could pick one crazy Kiwi food/ item/ word/ idea and tell you about it each month. Including a photo & how it's a part of our lives. i.e. I could do a blog about bachs, tomatoe sauce, the 100 stairs up to the road from our flat, or marmite.
2. I could feature one of our friends each month & tell you about all the Kiwis.
3. I could pick 1 Welli restaurant a month which corresponds with what's going on for us & give you a mini restaurant review while filling you in on our adventures here.
4. I could pick 1 picture a week to post (so 4 per month) & show you parts of Wellington.
5. Any other good ideas? I am always up for a creative way to fill in my family & friends.

Please let me know what you think! I need a new lil project & hope it will be entertaining for you. Love & miss you all (both my Kiwi & American friends).

3 comments:

kylee D said...

i choose all of the above. mix them up! but i would like a weekly posting---if it's not too much work!! love you lacey! wish i was in ohio to see you.

Unknown said...

I like the picture idea.. but the restaurant one as well... hmm... difficult

keri @ shaken together said...

Love the fun quirky Kiwi items but the photos and restaurant reviews sound fun, too. Oh, and it's October and I'm just reading this...I am a terrible cousin!

Love,
keri